View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 01:18 PM   #5
BrucePerens
TrailManor Master

I have a 3023, a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee with trailer tow package IV (similar vehicle to Padgett), and the Blue Ox WDH with 550 lb bars. It is easy to install and remove as long as you have an electric jack on the A-frame. It would be a lot slower otherwise. Raise the trailer and the tow vehicle all the way up to install or remove.

I had an issue with up-down sway, not side-to-side. The Grand Cherokee has a fluidic load balancing shock system which might have resonated with the up-down motion. And I think even the brake controller could resonate. It doesn't seem to have a problem with the WDH on and properly adjusted. And it's really easy to drive.
I don't recommend the Blue Ox, unfortunately. The buttons that hold the bars in are not captive, they are just held in with a little leaf spring. They pull out too easily, are hard to reattach, and can get lost in motion if the leaf spring gets loose. Some people put hose clamps over the buttons, the kind with a finger-tightener, just to keep them secure.