View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 04:04 PM   #45
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigrrr View Post
Good to know Art, we are going to take it out again this weekend or possibly just wait till Christmas, as we generally camp on Christmas. I fill the air bags with 30# and all seemed good. Have not encountered any drag the ground effect yet, but some gas stations sure have one heck of a slope
You do have the tow package, or a large external trans cooler?

FYI, I towed with a 2001 sienna 3.0L. I found 18 psi for my airbags was right. When loaded with DW, myself, 2 - 65 lbs dogs and about 100 lbs of other stuff. I had about 5/8 inch rise on the front and the rear was about 1 inch lower with on. Compared with 7 psi in the air bags without trailer. The rise of the front was about the same with or without the air bags. But the squat in the rear was 4-5 without the air bags.

You should try to keep the rear end about the same as the without the trailer maybe an inch or so lower. Toyota has some type of way to determine the load by front to rear tilt. They adjust the braking force to the front and rear brakes to compensate. More force to rear with greater loads. I always figured if I adjusted the trailer brakes right. I was putting the weight of the trailer as a natural force on the sienna brakes. I know its a little wrong with delay, etc... But that was my thinking.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote