View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 06:02 PM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Chipper -

Your approach seems reasonable. You don't want to get dragged down into the swamp of options-that-aren't options on NADAguides, or arguing over every niggling little option from TM. I think you can find a sentence in the directions at NADAguides that warns you against including options-that-aren't-options. Shows this to the seller.

When I have used the site, I have allowed it to price the big options. For most years, these are the air conditioner, awning, swing hitch, and maybe a tongue jack. Is the TV antenna optional these days? In the real old days there were a bunch of strange ones (spare tire, battery, and so forth), but that was pre-2000.

As an interesting exercise, run NADA twice, the first time listing only the big options. Then run it again, adding the cabinets. Most of the time, the bottom line difference barely makes lunch money. And since NADAguides isn't nearly that accurate to start with, it seems a bit pointless to get excited. But you can use these small differences in your negotiations.

Just my opinion.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote