View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 06:50 AM   #6
Tom-417

Default Toad becomes the tug

It would work Bill with possible problems. If the cowboy was alone, he might have to tie his motorhome steering wheel to keep it from wandering. If it did wander he would have to stop and go back and forth between the mh and the toad to make corrections. You could sell lawn-chair tickets to watch that performance.
As to a toad having the power to pull a mh: I once saw a mustang tow a 13 ton rig to start the engine when it was too cold for the tractor to start the engine with ether.
My neighbor has a mh and drags a car dolly. He impresses me every time by backing it out of his drive, thru a narrow gate, making a 90 degree turn on a narrow street. The longer the wheel base of the trailer, the easier it is to back up, but that dolly is short, maybe 10 feet long and he can only see it on his monitor screen.
I drove a Mack and pulled a 42 foot tanker for 9 years. I showed a picture of my rig to my grandson the other day. The fact that his grandpa had such a job didn't impress him but the price of leaded gas on the pole was 57 cents a gallon. Now that amazed him.