View Single Post
Old 08-14-2002, 02:46 AM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default Re: 2720SL TM Wish List

Bruce - that is an ingenious solution to the water-fill problem. Simple and effective. I will probably add it to my TM in the next few days. Thanks!

Wade - I think your wish #3 (power cord access) is my wish #1. I have toyed with several potential solutions, but all of them seem either too elaborate or too failure-prone, or both. The only simple one seems to be to reroute the cord down into the rear bumper compartment, since the diamond-plate cover can be removed with the trailer down. I haven't done it yet because I hate to give up the space in the bumper compartment. But maybe I can move some of the bumper items into the power cord space. The biggest problem, though, is that the bumper compartment is a grubby location, subject to dust, sand, and water intrusion. If you put the cord in there, I think it would be a good

My interim solution has been to put a battery charger on the Bargeman connector up front. This charges the battery, which is great. However, it is only a partial help with the refrig, since it requires leaving the refrig turned on (easy) and the door closed (not so good - mildew).

I think it is unlikely that TM will provide an external AC/DC switch for the reefer. That would require modifying the reefer, which would probably void the warranty. That's not to say that you and I couldn't do it - it is not hard - especially after the warranty expires. But it is probably easier just to leave the reefer switch set to DC, and run 12 volts in through the Bargeman connector.

Keep thinking, and keep posting. Between all of us, we ought to be able to resolve some of these issues - and maybe TM is listening.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote