View Single Post
Old 04-24-2024, 11:30 AM   #14
Kmikesell
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
So this brings us around again to the question of "do you have a good ground between the jack itself and the actual frame of the trailer", (not the swing tongue). The ground connection could be ratty/rusty/corroded/loose, and still pass enough power for the LED. But the voltage drop through the crummy ground will starve the jack, and it may not even twitch. This is a relatively common problem, easily confirmed or denied, and easily fixed. Bill
I was originally concerned with a good grounding... So I supplemented the simple (The bolt through the base plate is your ground) and wired a direct connection from the base plate to a grounded bolt on the main frame, not the swing arm.

Upon further reflection, I may have done this to myself. About 6 months ago, when returning from a weekender, my bargman cable got loose and drug on the ground, wearing away several of the internal wires. I "spliced" them as a repair.... Now I'm thinking that i did an inadequate job and there is a short some where in my repair. Maybe I should Just replace the entire cable as a start. Thoughts?
DH/DW 2018 Ford F-150
North Utah
Kmikesell is offline   Reply With Quote