View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 08:31 PM   #1
grakin

Default First Night and Lovin' It

I just picked up my 2619 from The Car Show in Colorado Springs.

My experience so far: Compared to a tent, this is wonderful. As for setup time, it took me 30 minutes from pulling into the site to being fully setup, with full hookups. That's by myself - no help - so I'm particularly happy. Setup was quite easy although I note that it would be trivial for TM to add a level indicator to the trailer which would make it a bit easier to level things. Dealer experience was good - they seem to have their act together down in Co. Springs - lots of little things that I doubt all dealers do.

Towing wasn't bad, either. I was worried about the towing with my V6 Silverado but people here reassured me. I had no problem maintaining 65 MPH going up the hills between Co. Springs and Denver (I am comfortable at between 60 and 65 MPH), although certainly I knew there was a trailer behind me. I'm certainly not going to set any speed records, but I feel safe with the trailer behind me, an don't feel like I'm going to blow up my truck.

I've noticed two "annoyances" so far - first the leaf for the dinette is a bit tight and has a small gap between it and the part of the table near the wall. That's just a matter of bending the metal tabs under it a bit, so I'll take care of that when I get home. The other annoyance is the thermostat for the heater is a tad bit crocked. But, that too can be fixed by myself at home.

Right now I'm pretty happy I went this route instead of the HILO route (much more room for the same towing considerations) or the pop-up route (real walls!).

Well, back to camping.