View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 09:10 AM   #5
thewayneo

Location: Evergreen, Colorado. Halfway between Heaven and Paradise at 8,100 ft altitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtail Cruiser View Post
So Wayne, how did you determine exactly where to drill your 4 inch holes? What did you use as a referance point to measure and transfer that measurment to the outside? Bet you really needed to "measure twice and cut once" on this project.
Hi Tim:
I slid a flat ruler past the bag seal between the shells, in line with the cold water knob. This gave me a good location outside for left-to-right. Then I measured from the backsplash down (plus some guestimating). Went outside, drilled a 1/16" hole and left the drill bit in the hole. Went inside, snaked my arm around the p-trap and felt the drill bit to be sure it was centered on the pipe nut. This ended up being 5-3/4" down from the bottom edge of the rear shell, with the shells fully up. That 1/16" hole became the pilot hole for the hole saw. The hot water pipe is 8" from the cold pipe.

I should have mentioned in the first post that the plastic hole cover had some double-sided tape on it that I removed with a chisel.

wayne
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0315 (Small).jpg
Views:	106
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	9121  

2006 2619, with REAL Flush Toilet (Sealand), NEVER ANY HOOKUPS!!!
Five-inch lift, Goodyear Marathon 15" Made in USA!
2005 Ford Explorer V8 -- WDH w/active sway
1973 Moto Guzzi V-twin
thewayneo is offline   Reply With Quote