Thread: Leak Question
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
T and C
TrailManor Master

Default Leak Question

Last summer I decided to camp in a site that had no hookups. So, I filled my 40 gal. water tank completely full for the first time. I noticed that when full, the sides bulge out some which it does not do with only 20 gallons.

I generally pull the trailer out of the driveway while the DW moves her car into the driveway. This time I noticed that there was water dripping under the TM. I checked the drain valves and they were not the source. Water is a little hard to trace since it will run along just about anything before falling down as drops.

I tried driving a mile or so, hoping that I had just squirted some water in the wrong place while filling. No joy. It was still dripping.

My next remedy was to pull into a parking lot and open the trailer to check. No faucets were leaking, nor was the outside shower. But obviously, water was coming out of that tank somewhere.

I then pulled the trailer over a drain and opened the drain valve for the tank. I let about 5 gallons run out and closed the valve. No more leak!! There was, however, no indication of water around the outside of the tank so it had not been leaking there. On a 3023 "there" is under a sofa. So that eleminated: 1. a hole in the tank. 2. the hoses leading into and out of the pump itself. 3. the air relief hose. 4. the filler hose.

So, here is my question: What would be the most logical place for water to be leaking out if the problem is solveable by this method?

Thanks,
Tom

TV 2010 F-150 4.6, factory tow pkg, air bags
T and C is offline   Reply With Quote