Thread: mystery leak
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 12:50 AM   #5
robertkennel

Default px

I don't know what swivel connector you are talking about; is it in the exterior shower?

I've only worked with the PX stuff once while doing the toilet change out. I made a mistake connecting up the piping and had to remove the black band so I could use the fitting again. I used a grinder to grind off the band. It took some time and also damaged the plastic hose. I don't know if there is a better way. Cutting the hose at the fitting may be the only way. You need a shark bite crimping tool to crimp on the new bands. There are some fittings that don't need a crimping tool. I just broke down and paid sixty dollars for the tool because it makes for easy connections. I bought everything at the Depot. Maybe you need to try another store or buy online at a RV store.

I wish I could tell you why the cold water lines are leaking. Does the water seem hotter than usual? If the temperature isn't excessive I guess you just have to repair the leaks and see if they hold. It's great your looking to find every leak and repairing them.

The shark bite tool also comes with a calibrating tool to make sure it is crimping correctly. One end of the tool should slide over the band and the other end of the tool should not. If the leaks are coming from the hose connections to fittings maybe the tool wasn't crimping enough. If the leaks come from threaded connections maybe they just need to be tightened slightly, don't over tighten. I just noticed you have a new trailer, it MAY have just been an installation problem. Hopefully other may give you more ideas. Robert