Thread: mystery leak
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 07:57 PM   #10
trisht

Smile

Thanks for all the input. To answer a couple of questions in the previous replies:

• The swivel connector I referred to is the connector to the exterior shower cold input (the white plastic elbow that is barbed (presumably) on the PEX end and ½” hose thread on the other.
• I confirmed the shore water pressure, post regulator, is 32-35 psi.
• I hadn’t noticed the leaking when using the pump before, but I’ll give that a shot again since I have the TM pretty much emptied out at this point.
• The leaks do occur with either the electric or gas heater in use.
• I live in the SF Bay area so no humidity to speak of 
• I’m intrigued by the t/p valve concept Bill mentioned. I’ll try that this weekend.
• My bad with the PVX. Meant PEX. I’ll need to search around a bit more for parts. So far the local Depot and OSH only have a spattering of Shark Byte parts and I haven’t seen the beveled washers or the full elbow connector that I would replace first. (Tons of HW stores around here but the nearest RV supply store with any sort of inventory is 45mins away  )

Would still be interested to hear if anybody knows a good source for the PEX parts and/or any other theories on why the leaks occur when the hot water heater is running.

Thanks