View Single Post
Old 11-03-2023, 01:04 PM   #8
anotherSKIP

Hello everyone, here's another update! I had to create a new account because my original one had some issues.

I suspected that the water heater element was faulty, and even if it wasn't, a fresh one wouldn't hurt. I followed Bill's DIY guide in the Tech Library (thanks, Bill!) and it went smoothly. Check out the picture of the old one; it was in pretty bad shape. I'm glad I decided to change it.

I also decided to replace the anode rod, and that turned out to be quite an adventure. The old one (see the picture below) was almost completely worn out. The NPT threads at the top had fused with the inside threads, and I had to use a wire brush to clean them. Even with that, the new rod I had wouldn't thread in completely – it bound about 3/4 of the way. I tried cleaning the threads more, but I couldn't get it any further than what's pictured. I've ordered a new one and a hose attachment to clean the inside of the tank, which was looking pretty dirty.

Moving on to more exciting stuff, I'm getting new flooring this weekend and doing a deep clean. I found a great deal on some Discobed XL bunk beds locally and will be picking those up soon. These will replace the couch/bed. I'm also thinking about making or finding a dinette set to go in front of it. I'm not 100% sure about the design yet, but I'm sure it'll come to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3217.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	22762   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3218.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	2.01 MB
ID:	22763   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3219.jpg
Views:	136