View Single Post
Old 09-20-2004, 10:17 PM   #8
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

RCaerobat, congratulations on your TM purchase! I'll bet you're really excited about it. Your 2 1/2 year old will love it. We took our kids camping with us for the first time when they were as young as 3 months old and they've loved it ever since. I wish we'd had a bathtub for them when they were little!

IMHO, you should definitely check the tires, though. Ours looked great, but they were too old, and we had a blowout on our last trip. If we hadn't done the wheel well modification we could have had some bad damage from the blowout. You don't want to be stuck on a road somewhere with a young one trying to jack up your TM and change the tires, it's not fun. Trust me on this one. If they're over 5 years old, buy new ones. You and your family are worth it.

I still can't find the date code on my car tires, and have looked and looked. If any of you know where the code is located, please post. I looked and looked for the TM's tires date code too, but couldn't find it.

We have an extremely comprehensive excel spreadsheet of things we take with us camping, I could email it to you. One thing I bring now is a bound memo book that I use as a journal and also to record things we forgot or might need for the next trip.

Some things we have found ourselves without: a wrench big enough to fit the propane tank and one big enough to tighten the ball on the hitch.

May you have many happy and safe nights camping in your "new" TM!

D'