View Single Post
Old 06-15-2002, 02:46 AM   #2
RickNewcomb
Site Sponsor

Default Re: We just bought a 1998-2720!!

I have a TM2619. We are two adults and two children (12 & 14) and our trailer can get little cozy, especially on the rainy days.

When our children were smaller, we used the drawers below the wardrobe for their clothes. We could usually get about 4 or 5 days worth of clothes in two drawers because their clothes were smaller. This is no longer true. The third drawer we use for large cooking utensil and other things. We refer to this as the "junk" drawer. Now we use duffle bags for clothes which we store on the beds during the day and in the shower at night. Keep in mind you may need to dry out the shower. Soggy luggage is no fun.

When we first got the trailer, shoes were our biggest problem. The floor wasn't big enough to hold them all. We keep all our shoes in a laundry basket which we keep on the bed during the day, and store under the table that is made into a bed at night. Also, you can move all the shoes in one pick up instead of several.

We have a rubbermaid plastic drawer on the counter next to the wardrobe and stackable wire shelves on top of that. We put most of the groceries in and on this. Also, the bottom of the wardobe is good for storing items such as juice and soda that we use to replenish the refrig.

Because you have a smaller trailer like me, you have to work on your PHD (Piled Higher and Deeper).

On those rainy days don't think of it as being crowded but a time to be close to the family. ;D

Moving up from a tent, I'm sure you will thoroughly enjoy the luxury of your TrailManor.

Good luck and happy camping!
RickNewcomb is offline   Reply With Quote