View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 03:10 PM   #2
jasonv31

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsullivan60 View Post
Looked at a 2003 2619 today that I am considering buying. It's priced affordably ($5400), but have a few concerns. Some hail damage on top (nothing affecting integrity, but looks rough), but more concerned about the main seal, which has had sealant added to it. It needs to be replaced... is that an expensive item to repair? Can it be done by a reasonably handy owner? Also... some sealant has been added around roof vents, but sun has gotten to it and it needs to be redone. Any helpful comments appreciated.
Mine was similar to yours (but even cheaper) mine has roof dents... Which for me has zero impact on usage of the RV, really just a appearance thing.

The main seal on mine is really good, but being just thorough and wanting to know ahead of time (like you :-) I searched around on the forum and found that it was pretty involved, but looked relatively inexpensive and something if needed I could do myself. Essentially the factory part for the seal was several long strips of vinyl, so with the right source, you could possibly even completely diy the seal for even cheaper, of course each person's skill level could impact the result . Search around on the site.. you will see some that have been through it.

Just re caulking is simple and a common issue on any RV even ones that aren't all that old. Good luck and make sure you upgrade to a paid member if you end up getting you trailmanor! It's a huge resource for your RV... Indispensable in my opinion.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Mods completed so far : New flooring; New Curtains; Removed Thetford for CAMCO portable; installed 110 volt refrigerator

Mods to be installed : 300 watt renogy solar system (MTTP controller), 3000 watt inverter, Automatic transfer switch, 2 - 6 volt Trojan FLA batteries; Scissor Jacks; LED lighting inside and out.
jasonv31 is offline   Reply With Quote