View Single Post
Old 04-22-2024, 02:07 PM   #6
Kmikesell
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane826 View Post
How long is it taking to drain the batteries? If it's a short time, check and make sure the break-away brake switch is not engaged. Pin should be fully seated. A TMer over at TMF on Facebook went up the West Coast with his break-away brake switch shorted, his brake shoes were completely gone, and the camper would eat the tow 6V batteries in less than a day because the shorted switch was sending full power to the brakes.
Well, when I got the TM out of storage to do a few fixes and put the batteries in (I take them out every winter to keep them from freezing, I live in UT) The two 6v batteries were reading 13.5 V. When getting ready to leave for the trip to TX there wasn't enough power to run the tongue jack. After an 14 hour trip to Albuquerque, the tongue jack worked fine.... Next day after another 14 hour drive the jack was a no go, and we had to use the manual crank. I had a blown fuse (Not sure what the fuse was for) but I replaced it, and all seemed right. Coming home after the eclipse, same problem. no juice and the batteries read 11.5 V.
DH/DW 2018 Ford F-150
North Utah
Kmikesell is offline   Reply With Quote