View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 10:20 AM   #1
ChefLamont

Default Question on Dimensions

Hey all,

I am just beginning the shopping journey for a camper. While growing up with campers all my life in the family, this will be the first I will own myself. After some research, I really think a TM camper is where I want to be and will suit my needs and family best. I am getting ready both financially and logistically and will hopefully be ready to buy within the next year. I dont think I am going to be able to swing a new one right out of the gate, but will likely be getting a nice "pre-camped-in" model.

Part of my preparation is I am having some landscaping done in my yard, and as part of that I am thinking about prepping an area in my side yard to store the camper. However, my side yard is quite sloped (think 3.5 - 4 foot drop over about 20 feet of length). So I am thinking about building a retaining wall and back filling with dirt. Since the cost goes up with every foot of wall built and yard of back fill needed, I am thinking about building it so the back bumper hangs over the wall.

This leads me to the dimension question. I haven't been able to find anywhere the distance from the tongue to the axle. This (plus a little extra for wiggle room) would be the length to the wall rather than the full length. Are those specs out there or is there a rule of thumb to estimate it? All I can find is the overall length of tongue to bumper.

The other part of my thinking through the design is covering. I will likely use a heavy duty tarp to start, but I have been wondering if anyone else uses the steel or PVC DIY carport kits to cover their rigs.

Thanks in advance. I am a part of many "hobby" sites and this one is really outstanding and packed full of good knowledge and good people.
ChefLamont is offline   Reply With Quote