View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 07:06 AM   #2
PopBeavers

My TM 2720 is in the garage, with the street side up against the wall, very close. I have the swing away hitch.

I do not use the rear jacks, I only use the two front jacks. Here is what I do.

I have a mark on the floor where I set the chock for the curbside wheel. I back the TM in as close to the wall as I can, about 4 inches of clearance. It is at a slight angle, perhaps 5 degrees, as I back it into the corner. The rear of the TM is closer to the side wall than the front is. When the wheel hits the chock I stop.

I chock the front side of the curb side wheel in the front. This wheel is no chocked front and rear. There is no chock at all on the other wheel. I disconnect from the TV.

I lower the front jacks until they almost touch the ground, Then I push the front of the TM up against the wall.

I have just enough room to reach back with my cordless drill to lower the front street side jack until it just touches the floor. Lowering the curb side front jack until it just touches the floor is easier, because I have more room to work with.

Then I lower the tongue jack until the weight is on the front jacks. Then I pivot the swing tongue so I can close the door.