View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 08:29 AM   #3
JOEALAN

Default Parking TM In garage. Should tires be off ground during long periods of storage?

Rarin2go, welcome to the TM forum. Alot of great information here.

My TM fits into my garage with room to spare and I don't have a swing away hitch. Of course it helps when your garage is 23' from one end to the other. Had to make a decision to park TM at least two feet away from the wall. Give's me enough room (At least my son) to raise or lower all four jacks. It created another problem, very close to park car in garage. I have no problem in getting out of my park car, but my grandsons while opening the door have already put two small dents in my TM. Just to make you aware, it doesn't take very much to put a dent on the skin of the TM. Hopefully to avoid from putting more dents on the TM, I'm going to put a piece of 1/2" plywood along side of of the TM unless someone has a better idea. Open for suggestions other than disowning my grandchildren.

Brings up another question, is it wise to lift TM completely off the ground so tires are not touching during long periods of storage? Will it prolong the life of the tires?

Have a geat day,

Joe S.