View Single Post
Old 04-14-2023, 11:39 PM   #1
momto4girls

Default Former owner. Interested again...maybe?

We used to own a 2002 2720. Sold it when our kids were in college because we didn't use it enough to justify the cost of owning/storing.

My husband and I are once again considering some sort of lightweight travel trailer. I have been looking at every option so far except a Trailmanor. The reason being that I want to be able to set up by myself. Our old TM--there was no way I could have set up/taken down by myself.

Would a new one be easier to deal with? Our old one...we struggled to get the door to set right. It was really touchy.

I have a 2012 Toyota Highlander with low miles. When we had the TM, we towed with a Tacoma. I was really never impressed with the Tacoma as a tow vehicle. Terrible gas mileage. I have towed a fully loaded 5x8 U-haul cargo trailer twice (round trip out of state) with my Highlander, and it towed beautifully. I averaged 18-19 mpg.

I have been considering an Aliner--aframe camper and a T@b 320 S. They aren't cheap, and I've been lurking on the Facebook pages. Build quality on the Aliners especially is questionable. The T@bs don't seem to be too bad, but they are still pricey for such a tiny trailer.

The TMs are very attractive with the full bath, tons of storage, large kitchen, extra sleep space. I mean you get so much for such a light weight camper. It's tempting. I live in Alabama. Not far from Bankston Motorhomes in Huntsville. They have been a TM dealer for--ever.

Thoughts on the new models?
Thanks.