View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 07:36 AM   #1
gocntry

Default Trailmanor Wiring Fail

I went to work this weekend to fix some problems my Tm has had since I bought it new.

First on the list was to fix the 2nd tv outlet. My cable was bad from the factory and i never used the rear outlet so I didn't bother with it till now.
Bought a cable crimper attached a new end (behind the fridge) and hooked it up the the front amplifier / splitter plate.

Now I have nothing, no signal no green light on the amplifier ?? Hmm.. The rear tv also had the amplifier plate installed instead of just an outlet.
Well Tm had the front plate going from tv 2 to the rear outlet also to Tv 2, So as soon as i hit the amplifier button it shorted out and blew the fuse in the main panel.

So the front Tv2 outlet needed to go to the "Cable" input in the rear Now thats fixed. But why there's a second amplifier plate and not just a "slave" plate I do not know, as there's no "antenna in" hooked up, the front amplifier plate handles all that.

Then I was having some voltage problems, factory lcd monitor not working correctly, dim brake lights ect.

Traced that to bad ground wire, replace ground wire and lug all new now,

The 30 amp fuse by the battery was never installed by the factory / dealer, So gonna fix that while I'm tearing things apart, Wire was so corroded, that i just cut it back in the fridge compartment, and ran a whole new power wire.
Now every thing seems to work correctly, and nice and bright taillights, factory lcd works correctly.

But.. while I was running a new power wire and was under the Tm I notice my brake wires on the street side were on top the frame pinched between the frame and the Tm body, Now that's fixed too.

Those mistakes were a weekend worth of work, no a big deal to me, I love my Tm and will own it as far as i can see in the future...

But I think a little more attention, shrink tubing, and quality control would go a long way. [/rant]