View Single Post
Old 12-09-2023, 02:44 PM   #14
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
My experience is that UPS tends to have high shipping costs for retail customers. I recommend that anyone planning to ship something check out USPS.com. In July 2023, the post office introduced something called Ground Advantage. It appears to be similar to Priority Mail - which is still offered - but a bit slower and a lot cheaper, and box sizes are not pre-determined. My wife recently sent something that clocked in at over $30 Priority, but less than $11 by Ground. Delivery was only one day later.

Just my observation ...

Bill
I’ve learned while parting out this camper that it’s best to get quotes from UPS and USPS. I can’t figure out any rhyme or reason why one is cheaper than the other on some things but not others. Size and weight be damned, it’s a different outcome every time, and I think destination matters too. But I will agree… Shipping for retail customers is absolutely outrageous. I’ve had more deals fall apart because of shipping.

And oddly enough, TrailManor seems to pay retail rates to ship parts out of South Dakota.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote