View Single Post
Old 01-13-2024, 07:30 PM   #4
JFulford

Thanks for your help! I was just trading emails with the National Sales & Marketing Director for TrailManor and learned that the roof and walls of their trailers are made of polystyrene foam (like Styrofoam) laminated to aluminum sheets that are 19 mils thick on the exterior and 24 mils thick on the interior. That makes TMs exceptionally light -- but geez, that doesn't seem very puncture or dent resistant to me.

That's why I was trying to find out how large a tree limb could fall on the roof while camping without puncturing the aluminum seal and possibly leaving a gouge that would need a fiberglass patch. It sounds like I'd be safe up to a 2" tree limb from what Bill said. I visited a TM dealer south of Baltimore today and looked over two trailers. They are well designed, appear well built and I'm sure I won't have to worry about sway when towing one. But I'm having some trouble with the idea of spending ~$40,000 to buy a trailer made of styrofoam and extra heavy duty aluminum foil. My wife and I are weighing the pros and cons of that...

Thanks for helping us to make an informed decision!
JFulford is offline   Reply With Quote