View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 09:15 PM   #3
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Ah, the first trip! "Shakedown", though, is what our politicians do to us every time they are in-session!. "Shakeout" would be the term you were looking for, I believe.

Anyway, CCSP can be dreary in the winter. But, there is water, a beach, and as you found, many deer. Glad you had a good stay!

We do the same thing every trip - make a list of things we want to add to the trailer supplies, and what mods I should do. Just got our first TM completed, then sold it, and got a new one. I think I will have all the mods done before our first trip in May. Helps to have had one to work on before!

My most-industrious mod, though, and I didn't do it on my last TM, was to build larger drawers for the built-in drawers. The originals are 14½" deep, and the ones I built are 20", and 21½" deep. The bottom drawer has an outside outlet behind it, so not quite as much room. But, we can get everything into the new ones without piling things on top of one another. I would recommend this mod for anyone that has the time, tools, and inclination. With three kids, you may want to consider enlarging the drawers.

Enjoy your TM!
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote