Thread: Winter in a TM
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 11:08 PM   #2
PopBeavers

Plan on using two swimming pool noodles, cut to length, to push up into the space on the underside of the rear bed. It makes a big difference.

I had a lot of cold air blowing in through the gap between the rear upper shell and the lower shell, right behind the closet. Stuffing rags and towels in did not do very well. I modified the outside flip up bracket by drilling a different hole. This pulls the upper shell in tighter. Problem solved.

I have not camped in the snow, just the rain. In snow, understand how much snow on the roof is too much. Maybe someone else can offer advise on that.

If you have electrical shore power, one or two 1500 watt electric heaters are a good choice. Quieter than the furnace and won't use up your propane so fast.

Some people use a catalytic heater, such as Mr. Buddy (I think). Be careful with ventilation if you choose to do that. It is more risky when sleeping than just during the evening.

Report back later at the end of your adventure. Others, I am sure, would love to learn from your experience.