View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 12:17 PM   #8
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

Default Image showing aluminum framing

I have edited one of my pictures to show more clearly where you can find the aluminum framing if you are purchasing an older (1999-2002) Trailmanor. Older than 1999 was probably wood framed, although I think I have heard about one or two that were aluminum framed. I believe most built after 2002 were aluminum framed, but I could be wrong. I'm not aware of anyone on this site observing wood framed Trailmanors after 2004 or 2005.

Even if you have an aluminum framed Trailmanor, there is still some wood used for the bag seals, vent openings, and a few other places. These pieces are relatively easy to replace if you are handy. It took me a few days to replace one of the bag seal wood strips, but I do work slowly.

In the picture below:
The circled area on the left is the end of an aluminum bar used around the perimeter of the wall. Other than the pocket stops, there is no other aluminum framing inside the wall.
The circled area on the right is the framing inside the pocket stop. This may be aluminum, wood, or aluminum with wood behind it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pocket stop aluminum.jpg
Views:	655
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	17416

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote