View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 04:22 PM   #5
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
No idea how it could have happened. Were the holes in the plate enlarged? Perhaps someone drilled out the rivets on another TM, and put the VIN plate on yours. Quick, call the cops, Chap has a stolen TM!

Bill
Bill, don't you think that that wasn't about the 1st thing I thought of, too. But I checked the orginal bill of sale, the appliance data sheet, and the title, and everything matched up. And I bought from the people that bought it originally here locally. The hole from the "mushroomed" fastener was slightly enlarged.

Commodor47, that front shell ID on mine has faded completely off also. A pencil trace didn't provide any imprint. But I was glad to hear (but not for you, of course) that your VIN fasteners were rusted, since we have the same year TM. That is the most likely culprit.

Kempert, thanks for that info, but I couldn't find that sticker on my TM....maybe it was placed at a different location because of the different model numbers?? I will check further tomorrow in the daylite and when it warms back up here. But come to think of it, my TM does seem to stay warmer than the ambient temperature.......could Bill be right??
Chap