View Single Post
Old 07-08-2023, 02:49 PM   #6
Jcav09

Thanks for the PDF's Kidkraz and Bill for the follow up. Good to know about the fan and the slow cool. As a follow up I did get the sound system to work! I'll attach my process below to make it easy for someone else to follow.

My question for you guys... The fridge builds a lot of heat. Ive seen people write about their concern with the head unit building heat. Do you advice removing the insulation behind the head unit and above the fridge, and removing the heat shield infront of that? My thought process is this would make for a clear path for air to flow.

Installing the head unit...

1: Remove the wooden panel. fish into the left side, you should find a blue, white , antenna and gold/silver wire. Pull it through.

2: The blue wire is your live wire in your camper. Connect the blue camper wire to the red & yellow wire on your head unit. I tried just red and just yellow you wont get power. You need both.

3: Connect your white camper wire to your black ground wire on your head unit.

4: Cut the silver / gold wire. These loop back to the speakers connecting them together. Just make the now two silver wires negative and the two gold wires positive. Hook them up to your head unit using your color code system. I will attach mine. Plz note do not hook the gold and silver wires to your red / yellow wire from the head unit. It will blow.

5: If you haven't already. Make sure all your fuses are good. They are located behind the brown panel near the bathroom. My fuse was dead causing no power to come through.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	head unit.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	22325   Click image for larger version

Name:	back view.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	873.6 KB
ID:	22326   Click image for larger version

Name:	speaker cable.jpg
Views:	86