View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 09:30 AM   #6
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two4leisure View Post
I am using a 12 foot propane extension ( Mr Heater brand) to pipe in the propane from one of my foward tanks. Yes I do have to vent for fresh air. I leave a couple of windows partially open. I ran the hose throught a hole in the floor under the couch (covered when closed) and into the living area through a hole about 11 inches away from the furnace. Just made a small slit in the couch fabric after I made a 1.25 hole between the bottom of the couch and the seat cushion. The Mr Heater dies state thst it has a low oxygen sensor. Have used it on the 1 pound bottles campung at the coast a few weeks ago and it worked great. Nice and toasty in short order. My smoke alarm does work. And to be honest I have not checked the Co2 /propane detecters. I have been trusting the green. Thanks for mentioning that. Planning a trip to Death Valley in November and the nights get a little cool.
We did this for years with no problems, you have to keep a vent and sometimes a window cracked open to prevent moisture build up anyways.

The temp probe for the charge controller goes on one of the battery terminal posts. I used the positive because it was convenient.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote