View Single Post
Old 03-12-2006, 03:19 PM   #5
angler_2

Default will be using jeep liberty diesel as TV

We have owned a jeep liberty diesel for almost a year now. I bought it as my wife's vehicle. Seh loves it. We live 3,000 feet higher than the city we work in and we have 5 foot of snow on the grund at our house. It handles very well on and off road and my wife loves the torque. The motor is relativley quite for a diesel and no diesel smell that is very noticiable. Two of our friends have bought liberty diesels based upon our experience and test driving ours in the last several months. My wife averages about 18 MPG in the city. I average 19-20 because I drive alittle more conservatively than she does. On the highway, going 65 MPH, we've got 24-25 MPG. Traveling at 75-80 MPH, we get 20-21 MPG. We're we'll be interested to see how much our mileage drops wehn we tow a TM with this diesel. We just bought a 2720sl and will be picking it up next week. Wanting a trailer that we could tow with the liberty and hoepfuly get still get 20-22 MPG on the highway is one of the biggest reasons we choose the TM over other trailers. I'll let you know how it works out. We bought an equilizer hitch and a prodigy brake controller. We'll be towing it up many stepp mountian roads in the rockies this summer. Based upon many of the threads I've read here many who have experience with towing TM's think that due to the short wheel base of the liberty you wouldn't want to pull a trailer any larger than the 2720. Rockymtnray who ahs many posts in this forum has a lot of experience using a jeep cherokee to haul his 2720. Wheel base is about the same as the liberty.