View Single Post
Old 03-18-2004, 10:17 PM   #6
jniles

Default Re:Rear Vision Camera System for Tow Vehicle

Jim, I have often thought about a single rear mounted color camera in addition to supplemental mirrors (I am using the cheap ones that vibrate but I can still see what and who I am cutting off). In any event I was planning to have a friend of mine who sells and installs aftermarket systems in Ford and Lincoln-Merc SUVs etc. for the dealer where I was selling, take a look at it, but I keep missing him. His units normally included a moving map GPS system with talking a broa- opps lady. The best part of it was the monitor. The display was actually the left side of the wind shield mounted rear view mirror. It can be toggled to show the camera info and back to map. My intent was to mount the camera on the rear of the TM roof. I was not planning to include a GPS until I upgrade the TV. Those systems complete were approximately $2200 to $2500 installed with Map DVDs as desired. Low tech is just not as much fun. Keep the info coming on your installation progress and performance when you get it finished. It looks great.