View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 05:54 PM   #5
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Cool hmmm. Maybe 37 CFM is not enough for the hottest days.

My Thermocouple is measuring 102 F, continuously, at it's location above the upper left of the heat exchanger (looking in from outside). Ambient is only 91F. The air which is in contact with the heat exchanger (i.e., the air which it must "fight against") must be at least a few degrees hotter than that figure. The original TM fan is blowing out some warm air, and my fan is blowing out more ... but I suspect that that the fridge would cool down faster, and reach a lower temperature, if the surrounding air was being cooled better under these conditions.

What temps are you guys keeping at the top of the heat exchanger compartment, while the fridge is running continuously? BTW, I'm testing 120VAC, and it is 119-120V. (Temp within the Fridge is correct, staying within one degree of 35F.)

I've ordered a pair of slightly more capable fans: 47 CFM, 140 mm (5-1/4"). I might not have a chance to test in 100+ days (this week will be much less hot than usual), but I'm pretty sure sure that doing the replacement would help. I'll replace one fan, and keep the other - adding it if a future high-temp test shows more than 110F in 100-103F conditions.