View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 07:28 AM   #10
agilitynut

2011 is the newest model I'm considering due to my budget. A 2008-2010 is more in my comfort zone. I do want one in good condition at the start, as I'd have no clue how to fix anything other than take it to an RV shop. I'm a single woman who is very capable of making repairs IF shown how, but I just don't have the natural aptitude for looking at something needing mechanical repair or remodeling and thinking, "Oh, I need to do X." Or if I do look at it and know what it needs, I usually don't know the steps needed to do it myself. Though I've discovered that this forum is a wonder resource for everything Trailmanor, to include repair suggestions, and I fully intend to pay to become a site sponsor once I find "my" TM.

The options on the 2011 I described include
- Rear receiver hitch
- electric tongue jack
- swing away hitch
- low profile AC
- 40 gallon fresh water tank
- microwave drawer
- Sony CD/Radio sound system
- alloy wheels
- Winegard antenna with power boost

Owner was also going to throw in
- new Travasak bedding with extra sheets and cases
- tongue pad
- new jack pads
- wheel chocks
- trailer cover
- leveling system new in box

Based on all your feedback and figuring the cost of new tires, new battery, and getting the bearings repacked, I think this one is more than I want to spend. And while looking at the photos of it again last night I noticed that the stain on the upper kitchen cabinets is different than the lower ones (upper looks cherry, lower looks to be the be lighter stain.) How I didn't notice that when I looked at it in person I'm not sure, but it really makes me wonder why they don't match. Too many questions with this particular unit. I think if I wait for the right one to come along I'll feel more comfortable in the end. I REALLY appreciate everyone's feedback.

I actually just spoke with someone this morning about a newly listed 2008. The salesman is getting the answers to my questions and is supposed to call me back shortly. From the photos it looks VERY clean and the price is much more in my comfort zone. Feeling hopeful, but we'll see what happens.

Thanks everyone!
agilitynut is offline   Reply With Quote