View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 06:21 PM   #2
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

I use Phanfare.com. You will not find a service that provides a more polished presentation of your pictures, and I have looked.

Their key advantages:
  • Upload your photos, and it automatically produces beautiful slideshows that pan and zoom. You can use their music, or upload your own.
  • They retain you high-res files, and you can download them at will. That means the service doubles as a backup.
  • They also will host video (including HD), and videos are included in the slideshows.
  • They have an easy web interface, but also have both PC and Mac application interfaces that are a breeze to use, even for computer-newbies.
  • You can customize the look of your albums, from layout to colors
  • Visitor reports - you can tell how many visits your albums are getting.
  • Viewing and management apps for the iPhone and iPod Touch
  • Unlimted storage.
  • Zero advertisements anywhere
  • They have speedy email support; they also used to have phone support.....not sure if they still do.

The downside is that they are not free. But it's not expensive. $99/year gets you everything above. They just came out with a cheaper plan a few months ago -- $29/year gets you everything above EXCEPT the retention of high-res files.

This sample album is on their website:
http://picturesque.phanfare.com/3942466

The layout is clean, classy, and easy to navigate. Check out the slideshows.....I can't tell you how many compliments we've gotten on ours.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote