View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 06:11 PM   #4
ZekenSpider
TrailManor Master

We had an identical problem with the sofa back on our 2010 3326 slide out living room. I'm pretty sure it is the same sofa as used in your model.

I made two "L" shaped pieces of wood that fit in the track at each end of the open space after the larger part of the bed is pulled out away from the wall.

I cannot get pictures at the present time as our TM is in storage. It will be at least three weeks before we pull it out again.

As I recall, the TM comes with a short wood block on the wall (in the center of the wall) that is supposed to support the top part of the back when it is down (I may have also increased the height of that block). There is no support at either end of the top edge.

The bottom part of the back has a "2 inch" beam that keeps the bottom back away from the wall when the back is up and raises the bottom up close to the height of the front part of the bed when it is down. It's about 1" too short.

I made the "L" shaped blocks long enough to fit snugly in the tracks, being "squeezed" between the rubber bumper at the rear end of the track and the rear edge of the front part of the bed. They looked like really tall "L's" laying on their long side. (See attached sketch).

As I recall the long part of the "L" was about 14 inches long and 1 inch thick and the short leg was about 2 1/2 to 3" inches tall.

Hope this helps. I'll get some pix the next time we have the TM out.

Jerry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bed support.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	919.5 KB
ID:	10487  
ZekenSpider is offline   Reply With Quote