View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 06:29 PM   #2
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Re: KD vs KS - The KS folding bed is shorter side-to-side (of the TM) than the KD. The arms of the couch encroach on the sleeping area, so when folded-out for sleeping, the KS bed is about 8" shorter than the KD. If you occasionally have a taller guest, they would appreciate the KD for sleeping, over the KS.

Yes, the dinette turns into a bed by putting table between benches (hinged, simple), then putting the cushions and backs of the benches on the flat surface.

My fridge cooled fine, until outside temps were over 90°.

Can't say about AC, as we never have hookups.

I love the SilverTrail, and would have purchased it if it were available when I ordered our new TM. Looks sharp, inside and out.

Factory solar is only 85w, I believe. I had them wire, and install the controller, but they left the panel off. I ordered a 100w panel from WindyNation, and it keeps me charged to 100% daily.

We opted to not get the awning ($1,000), but purchased a $100 10' x 10' straight-legged canopy from WalMart. Heavy-duty fabric. If it blows away, we are only out $100, vs ripping an awning in a sudden gust of wind. Move it where we want, not just in front of the TM.

Love the front window, especially with the dinette. Nice to be able to see out the side of the table, not just over each-others' shoulder.

Definitely like our hanging cabinet (only room for one in the 2417). Paper plates, towels, napkins. Lots of room for light items, and it is easy to put into place, even with contents.

Yes on the 3-drawer cabinet. We use it for our "dresser", and put our clothes in that, instead of duffle sacks. It sits on the floor next to our frige, but is movable. Could put it by the door, if you want.

Avalanche should be fine. Loaded, the larger trailers are in the 4,000 - 4,500 lb range. Use a weight-distributing hitch, and you should be set!

Good luck on the search/order! My wife loves our TM, and wants to go camping more than we have time for. Very comfortable, and easy to set up.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote