View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 11:42 PM   #1
chowder1974

Default RV Repair Shop Issue

So I have a question on how all of you would have handled an issue I encountered this afternoon.

I own a 2013 TrailManor 2720. I took it in to a TrailManor dealer for warranty work (I had a small leak). Upon picking up my trailer this afternoon I did my usual walk around and noticed about 1/2 inch crease in the rear side panel about at waist level right above the safety latch.

I care my trailmanor meticulously. I'm an accountant...a perfectionist...so I'm aware of every little scratch on that thing and this is quite noticeable. I'm 99% sure it wasn't there when I dropped it off.

Upon finding it the technician called the owner at and she immediately lit into me and said there was no way it could have happened at her shop..yadda yadda....after about 5 minutes of heated discussion with me mostly listening...she says we'll fix it, but we're not happy about it and we don't want you back as a customer....I continue to make conversation in attempt to try to calm her down...she again agrees to fix the issue. I tell her that I'm impressed with the work that they've done in the past and their attention to detail and I'm surprised by this response. I tell her that I want to be able to bring my trailer back for service, etc. She calms down and states that everything will be okay and she's had bad day...she says its a small business and she can't afford to pay for these sorts of things...etc. etc.

I came away feeling guilty for pointing out such a small dent / scratch, but I'm a perfectionist and it was frustrating to me knowing that I didn't put the dent on the trailer.

Curious if I handled this properly by not backing down, even though I wasn't 100% sure I didn't cause the damage...I'm probably 90% sure it wasn't there.

Now I wait hoping they don't do anything to sabotage me..haha.