View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 09:17 AM   #9
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Default Heard from Dexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Larry -

I'm surprised that Dexter has been so unresponsive. One of their Application Engineers (Christine) has been quite responsive in the past, though not always instantly. She may be researching the question before getting back to you. You might phone them and ask to speak to her directly.

Bill
Hi Bill,

I did hear from Dexter this morning, here is their response....

"...Thank you for contacting Dexter Axle with your questions and concerns, I hope I may be of some assistance. It is not unusual for a trailer axle to need the occasional alignment. Road conditions and towing loads can cause axles to become slightly out of alignment. It is possible to have a torsion axle aligned and they do have to be "Cold Bent" due to the axles internal rubber. This may not be an operation that a typical car alignment shop can handle. In our area we have a few trailer axle alignment locations, they specialize in trailer and heavy vehicle alignment. We also find that shops that maintain semi or heavy equipment are capable of "Cold Bending" torsion axles into proper alignment. Dexter's warranty does not cover axle alignment, as we have no control over how trailers are loaded or pulled. However, if a customer is totally unable to find a location to align the axles on their trailer Dexter may assist the customer by offering a reduced price on an axle beam. An axle beam would consist of the torsion axle with spindles and mounting brackets. Brakes, drums and other hardware would have to be reused from existing axle. If you would be interested in purchasing a new beam I would need to get the axle serial number from your old axle...."

Considering that I went to the only heavy duty equipment shop in the San Jose area that can alighn big rigs, it looks like I am on my own. I think that TrailManor welds the axles to the frame, so ordering an axle beam would be a lesson in futility.

Now I must decide what to do......
2016 KZ Spree Connect C250BHS
2003 Chevy Tahoe
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote