View Single Post
Old 07-11-2004, 06:04 AM   #2
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

Default Re:Trailmanor lift kit (how high?)

[quote author=Gwenzilla link=board=2;threadid=2109;start=msg14715#msg14715 date=1089523103]
After scraping my bottom front area on our new 2619 on almost every driveway we've been over, including bending the battery tray frame today, It has become clear that we need to get a factory lift kit installed. I talked to our dealer today (the TM factory was closed) and he said that Trailmanor has a lift kit and he would order it for me today. It was closing time when I called... and they were gone before I realized I forgot to ask how high the lift kit would lift the TM. Does anyone know the height of the factory lift kit, and if there is more than one height available?
I would love to get at least 3" of lift or more. I realize I need to get a higher hitch bar too. Anyone actually had a lift kit installed? I would like to get some experienced info on the lift, good or bad?
[/quote]

I have the factory lift kit and, as I recall, it provides 2 inches of lift. I have the slightly longer 2720SL (which has the rather low hanging propane tanks in front) and I've never to my knowledge scraped anything on the front or back...and I've gone across some pretty big dips and bumps getting in/out of driveways and primitive Forest Service campgrounds.

If you have an adjustable weight distributing hitch like my Reese, you probably won't have to get a new hitch bar but rather can simply move the bolts up a couple of holes. If you don't have a weight distributing hitch, that may be part of your problem in that the front of the trailer is setting too low due to hitch induced sag. When properly setup, the trailer should be completely level when attached to the tow vehicle...and the tow vehicle should be completely level as well. If either sags on either end, even if it's just a small amount, you have lost needed ground clearance.
RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote