View Single Post
Old 07-28-2004, 01:11 AM   #10
Gwenzilla

Default Re:Trailmanor lift kit (how high?)

Why does that black cloud stay floating over my TrailManor?? I just got a call today from my dealers service dept. who I took the TM in to have a lift kit installed. He called to tell me there was a problem with installing the lift kit. He said "well I've never seen this before, but your axle is welded to the frame, so I am not sure if we can install the lift kit". I chatted a little about the dilemma and he agreed that he should call the factory for an opinion and explaination. A couple of hours later he called me back and said that... {{{the black cloud is getting bigger}}}.... the factory said it is ok to grind off the welds and then install the lift kit! BUT... it was gonna co$t a bunch of dollar$ more. {{{the black cloud is getting even bigger yet...}}}. Well I'm caught between a rock and a hard place because the TM really needs a lift to stop the constant scraping I get going over even moderate driveways... and I've already booked our first outing! So we agreed to go ahead and butcher up the axle and install the kit.
I asked him what the factory had to say about the axle being welded and he replied that some of the late 2004 models and the new 2005 models are all now going to have welded axles! I am curious if anyone else out there has this same welded axle, or am I just THAT UNLUCKY!
I am trying with all my might to stay upbeat about TrailManors...but I feel I am being severely tested in that respect. I could really use some good news for a change.
Thanks for letting me vent ... it is cathartic to get to share my problems. (ok I am taking a deep breath and returning to lurking mode)