Thread: Shower Curtain
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2003, 08:51 AM   #3
dennisu

Default Re: Shower Curtain

the shower curtain situation was something that my wife and i did not like.  because of the two curtains it made us feel like the shower was smaller than it really is.  we felt like we were showering in a trash bag.  so we took off one shower curtain but replaced it with a heavy "mil" thick clear plastic sheeting from home depot etc, which we attach to the back wall and side wall of the shower with those plastic things that you hold on picnic table cloths with.  the plastic goes over the top of the described walls and then these clips go over the plastic and the wall and hold it fine.  (we also have another hanger in the hallway that holds coats etc that goes over the wall and also helps hold the plastic in place.)  the plastic was cut long enough to go down just into the top of the tub so that water does not get on the wall.  the remaining curtain is used for the front of the shower.  the thing that makes this so wonderful is that the plastic clings to the two walls and it makes it seem ever so much bigger.  i also have a hands free shower holder that i designed myself that clamps to the rear wall and holds the shower head and it works great!

hope this helps.

dennisu