View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 06:23 PM   #2
TandemKids

Default Re: What's wrong with TrailManor?

Jess,

I'll take the plunge for you. My wife and I have had our TM2619 for just over a year, and following is a list (short) of our dislikes.

1. TrailManor's claims that the re-circulating toilet doesn't stink notwithstanding, The re-circulating toilet STINKS, especially during hot weather when the AC is in use. The way I stopped the stink was to create/install a powered vent for the toilet. It works very well.

2. I can open/close the TM with no problem, but my wife cannot. It is more difficult to close when the weather is cold or damp. The seals are so tight that it is difficult to overcome them when they are cold or wet. It is not a problem when two people open or close it.

3. We find our 2619 to be cozy (read small) when we are camping along. It is a matchbox when we have our 5 year old grandson along. Suggestion: Only take small kids along when the weather is nice and you can boot them outside, or buy a bigger TM.

4. Condensation is a problem. We bought a small de-humidifier that works well unless the weather is cold and really wet. In that case, the de-humidifier works but cannot overcome the condensation totally.

That is about it in the complaint dept. Jess. Overall, we like our TM. It is light and tows well behind our Blazer. It can be set up and taken down in the rain without getting everything wet inside.

Hope this helps.

Michael