View Single Post
Old 03-03-2005, 04:26 PM   #10
JessWD

Default What's wrong with TrailManor?

This is directed to B&D, Ray, Leon, Bob, Teresa and John - - I think I covered all who were so kind to respond with "your" negatives AND positives. Which
reminds me, I should now ask you to list any additional positives that come to mind. Maybe typing to me will keep you out of trouble! :c)

I do thank you all. I have printed all your comments off, read and discussed
them with Bonnie.

By the way, what does DW and DH stand for? Bonnie said, "It better not
stand for "dumb wife!" ha ha. I told her it meant "Designated wife" lol.
But DH is probably "dumb husband!" It's a new one for both of us.

I would like to ask just how hard is it to make up the permanent Queen size bed? Contour sheets sounds like a preference. I don't like the idea of climbing over each other during the night...especially following and evening when my thirst cannot be quenched and I drink two or three ice teas or a couple beers!

I wish they had a length wise double or queen to eliminate the crawling over bit. "If wishes were fishes," eh?

We've camped in Wyoming with four kids in a tent for a weekend. So a TM
experience would be a defnite upgrade.

I read somewhere that if you order one, there is some room to customize your own TM. I sure like the looks of the 3326 King with the dinette and couch and lounge chair - but the length, weight, not to mention the price!
And I have not even started to examine the realm of a used TM. I think
"used" might be our only way of getting into one. Unless Martha Stewart
hears about us, feels compassionate to us, and wants to share a third of one of her $100 million she earned while in the pokey. I think that was the first month!

Our concerns center on the two of us. We think it would be rare that any other family members would be traveling with us. Our Tundra has that small back seat, so if anyone did come along, they'd probably have to drive their own car. Not likely to happen.

Bob Rederick, I assume you drilled a hole in the side of the trailer to attach your outside On/Off switch for your refrig.

If you use battery powered lamps for light, and only use trailer lights for very brief periods.....does anyone know how long the battery lasts with running the frig on it?

No one has mentioned a Honda generator for dry camping.

Is there a guage to show how much LP gas remains in the tanks?

I hear talk about a "converter." Ignorant regarding a lot to do with electrical matters. Is a "converter" something "extra" one needs to purchase? Or is
it built in? Does it convert the current from AC to DC and vis versa?

I talked to my tire man today while having new tires put on our Tundra. He
said he only will run 8 ply tires on his travel trailer. He said the tires do not hold up the weight of the trailer. Air does that! You don't often think of it
that way. He said he talks to RV people all the time who are running 5000 pounds with 37 or so pounds in the tires. Does everyone run 8 ply tires?

He also said Goodyear runs a steel belt around the inner circle of the tire.....the part that meets the rim. Bridgestone uses rubber. But it's so hard, he said, you can pound it with a hammer and not even leave a mark.
But it gives a much smoother ride. I've run Bridgestones on our vehicles for many many years, exclusively. Today with these new tires it's like riding on
a soft cloud. Even the steering is so soft feeling. And quiet! He also said
to rotate tires every 4000 instead of 5000 as I have in the past. I got 72,000 miles on a set on our Buick Regal once, by faithfully rotating the tires every 5000 miles and keeping air pressure up. That was incredible! Those were Bridgestones too.

Oh, I think I figured out DW. Has to be Italian for "Da Woman!" Right?

Jess