Thread: Tire update
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 09:33 AM   #5
Joseph

Default and so it goes....

Bill – Forgive me. If you want to delete this please do so. There was a Texas Camper on the forum some years ago that helped you moderate. ( To the current Texas Camper I ask indulgence. ) I do miss that rascal and his comments. It is in his Spirit that I will reply to the above listed posts…

Can you “say stir the pot”?

So are you saying you actually go faster than 75 to get around some other folks on the highway? -

LOL! Ah, yea. There were a couple of times when I as I was completing the pass and slowing down the speed was around 80. This was due to a couple of folks who must have been enamored with the rig and were slow then fast then slow etc… Not to worry. I do not tow with a toy vehicle. My rig is solid. I do all the work. And if I cannot I verify work performed by others.

Apparently there is something in the rubber that only keeps it from deteriorating if the tire is spinning. -

News to me. Always thought it was UV’s from the Sun and some kind of “black” material used in the manufacture of the tire that dies with age and UV damage. The way you say it there would have to be an active component in the tire that responds to motion. Maybe WMTire would know.

The most generous load rating that I can find for the TR645 is 2,094 lbs. per wheel. The more typical range for a load rating of 104 is just under 2,000 lbs. If we just call it 2,000, that probably puts them at or over their limit if you load your 2720 with the normal stuff that we all take when we're camping.

You are correct with the 2094 rating. I tow the TM empty. No water. Just a few clothes and dry condiments. Anything heavy goes in the TRUCK. I do not tow with a toy. If you are going to run with the big dogs on their roads you had better have something that can do the job. Else, stay on the porch. At the time the 14 inch Marathons that came with it had a load rating of 1890 +/- so it was an improvement 4 years ago.

Gentlemen, and I use the term loosely..

I am not one who has to have the world spoon fed to me in small doses. Nor do I rely on others to tell me what is correct regarding much of anything. I do the research, tests, and make my own decisions. If you are familiar with Theodore Roosevelt you will understand when I ask you to step into the arena of the world with me and get out of the stands...

Two points of record then I am out of here, being as my only intent with this post was to update the group on tires which so far have worked out just fine. Not start another pabulum discussion on tires.

1. As a Field Service Engineer I work on equipment that has direct influence on Patient Care in Hospital and Clinical Environments. I work alone. I am responsible. No one else. If I make a mistake it is mine. I do not point the finger and pass the buck. Same with my rig.

2. Death smiles at everyone, Marines smile back….