View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 11:39 AM   #1
TREXHUNTERS
Site Sponsor

Default Trimetric Install - Location for shunt and Meter

Hi, I'm currently trying to install the Trimetric Battery Monitor on our 3124kb and have a couple of questions for those of you that have already done it.

(1) Meter location:
- One choice for me is to the left of the electrical outlet which is on the sofa side of the refrig.. My question: has anyone used this location? I'm not sure if I can run a wire past the outlet box. I can't install below the outlets as some others have as our TM sofa has an arm rest so there's no room below the outlet.
- The other choice is next to the existing gauge below the sink. I would have to cut of the existing mounting tabs on the TriM. meter but I could mount it from the inside of the box. The only way I see to run the wires is through the refrig. compartment. and then through a hole to be drilled between the refrig. compt. and sink compt.

Just trying to get as much info. as possible before drilling holes.

(2) Shunt location
- I've seen that some of you have mounted your shunts on the back of the battery box (if your batteries are in the front battery tray) which is exposed. Has this worked out okay? Has anyone tried other options? I have the dual end to end 6v battery box from Allied that some of you have also used. I'm a little skittish about leaving it exposed.

Anyway, any experiences would be helpful,

thanks,
bruce

2008 3124KB,1kw Honda gen.
2021 Toyota Tundra DC, 4WD
TREXHUNTERS is offline   Reply With Quote