View Single Post
Old 07-23-2005, 02:43 PM   #2
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

Default Not me, but.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-NY
The TM we bought recently is our first RV. I was wondering if there would be any issues if I pulled into a WalMart parking lot and set it up overnight. I think I have read on other boards that folks don't lower awnings or set out lawn chairs like they are really camping at WalMart. I would want to pull in after dark and leave early the next morning. I would need to level it so I could run the fridge on propane to keep batteries from draining.

What do you think? Has anyone done it?

Jim

.......I've certainly seen plenty of folx doing just that at my local Supercenter. It's w/in 1/2 mile of the expressway. Supercenters are open 24 hours, and I believe (but can't swear to it) they also have security folx.

Wal*Mart sell a Randy McNally Atlas which includes all the stores in the U.S. The directory has a state by state listing with a special symbol for Supercenters. Hwy exit #'s for stores w/in 1 mile of an Interstate exit are shown. Seven columns list the major category of services available.

The one drawback is that the stores aren't shown on the map. The stores near an Interstate exit are very easy to locate. I used the map ocassionally to find a convenient store along my route to resupply.

Denny_A