View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 08:18 AM   #4
Rob Culver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Several years ago, one of our members posted a question. It was:

How far would you drive off your planned route to save a few cents a gallon on gasoline?

Answers varied widely. Some wouldn't drive a mile to save a dime per gallon, while others would drive 10 miles to save a nickel per gallon. Many pointed out that the issue was the cost of the gas you would burn to make that saving. In other words, the cost per mile of driving your vehicle.

As a registered cheapskate, I found this information interesting. Have fun with it.

Bill
Nice chart Bill. Thanks! My neighbor told me that I shouldn't own an RV at all if I cared alot about gas prices. But he had to admit that if you drive enough miles it will make financial sense to get an RV with good gas mileage. I'm getting about 18 mpg full loaded which isn't as much as I had hoped for but considering I got only 10 mpg at best on my previous class C it's still pretty good. With a regular non popup trailer, I know I'd be lucky to get 12 mpg regardless of how small it might be. Because it seems to be wind resistance that's the biggest factor and even the small trailers are tall enough to create alot of wind drag.