View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 07:10 AM   #5
lnussbau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Garlitz View Post
A local RV dealer has '92 3023 which is in poor condition. It has been parked for several years in setup mode but did not lock shells so back shell is 2" too far to rear leaving the front shell seal visible (which is very dirty). One wheel is sunk in mud so unit is tilted but chassis still looks structurally intact. The interior looks terrible with very dirty seals and curtain deterioration. All cabinets are okay as well as bathroom. The rear shell has rotted wood under the window opposite the bathroom but there doesn't appear to be any leakage. The floor has a soft spot in the middle of the kitchen. There seems to be an infestation of ants running up and down the horizontal side seals.

If I can get it cheap enough I may try to recover it. My question is can the seals be replaced? Does the factory sell a seal refurbishment kit which replaces all seals? What other inspections can I perform to determine if this recovery is feasible?
If you've already found that much wrong with it, you need to expect that once you get into the project you'll probably find something else wrong (or maybe several somethings), so plan to encounter the unexpected. Still, if you can get it for a song...