View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 02:18 PM   #4
Brifla

Sure. There are bunch of them out there. They are like the TV tuner cards that people have in their desktop computers but instead these just plug in to the USB port on a computer (good with laptop). They have a coax connector on the other end of the USB stick that you connect to either an antenna or your cable coaxial feed. They are very versatile and allow you to not only watch live tv anywhere there is tv air signal or cable feed, but also allow your laptop to act as a DVR for recording and watching stuff later. They also can be used to convert VCR/DVD/etc to a digital copy kept on your computer. Search USB TV Tuner on a site such as Amazon or Buy.com. They range in price from $25-$150. I bought the Diamond TVW750USB ATI Theater HD 750 USB TV Tuner which is only $39.99 and has a $10 rebate right now. I'm hoping this will eliminate the need to purchase and carry a TV with me when camping. The only thing I will add that your laptop needs to have a little muscle (RAM and processor) if you are processing HD signals (which many local TV stations broadcast).