View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 04:35 PM   #8
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Bill, I'm so jealous! For over two years, I was intending to trade in my old tow vehicle (2002 Explorer) on a Tundra, largely to get the pickup truck bed to carry things in. I've got a buddy in Surprise, Arizona, who has a wonderful Tundra rig, with a locking hard tonneau cover. Ever since he bought his TM and went camping with us, I've coveted his rig.

Life is strange, and the best laid plans sometimes go astray. Now I have another Explorer - which I really like! - but it isn't what I planned. It's a long sad story, involving a Dastardly Dealer with a Snidely Whiplash mustache, but it is what it is. And as a result, no TM spare tire in the wayback of the Explorer, no gas can in the wayback, and probably no generator in the wayback.

And the worst part is that by the time I am ready to trade in today's Explorer on tomorrow's Tundra, either there will be no Tundra, or Toyota will have downsized it to a rollerskate. So I'll enjoy the thought, but for us without pickups - well, it's a great idea ...

Bill (another one)
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote